On the week of the 5th March, the students took part in several activities on the theme of ‘Careers.’
The idea was to encourage students to consider and experience the sorts of careers they would like to go into when they finish College.
During the week, students took part in work place visits relevant to their vocational areas; including –
- Leavers(1): Morrison’s Distribution Centre in Northwich
- Leavers(2): Tesco’s in Northwich
- Leavers(3): St. Luke’s Warehouse and Changing Lives in Cheshire in Winsford
- Animal Care(1): Reaseheath Farm and Zoo in Nantwich
- Animal Care(2); Dairy House Farm in Winsford
- Horticulture: Tatton Park Gardens in Knutsford
- Retail, Office and I.T: Vivio Offices in Chester
- Hospitality and Catering: MacDonalds New Blossoms Hotel in Chester
- Preparation for Independence: Waitrose in Northwich
- Preparation for Work: GroZone Community Gardens in Northwich
- Supported Internships: Cheshire West and Chester Headquarter Offices in Chester
On top of this, all students took part in a ‘go to work with…’ day; the students were asked to go to work with a family member, friend or carer to learn about the world of work.
They also took part in projects to help their community; including:
- Birch clearance at Delamere Forest.
- Removing tree-guards at Delamere Forest
- Filling a new planter with soil and planting it up at Delamere Station
- Litter picking at Marbury Park in Northwich
- Gardening project at Tatton Park in Knutsford
- Clearing and bulb planting at Whitegate Station Cafe
- Clearing an area for a new Outdoor Centre activity at Petty Pool College
- Helping to clean at the new Gymnastics Centre on the Moss Farm complex in Northwich
To help with future career prospects, students also produced an individual ‘Video CV’ marketing campaign to show to prospective employers!
All students had a lot of fun and learned a great deal about the world of work.