JOB TITLE: HR Assistant
LOCATION: Petty Pool Vocational College, Pool Lane, Sandiway, Cheshire, CW8 2DR.
REPORTS TO: HR Advisor
SALARY: £22,737.68 – £24,333.00 – Pro Rata Salary – £14,617.00 (4% salary increase after passing probationary period).
HOURS: 22.5 Hours – Over 3 days per week – Term Time only. (Flexible, Hybrid working)
DBS: Enhanced check required.
Petty Pool Vocational College, based in Sandiway, near Northwich offers 16-19 Study Programmes and Supported Internships into employment for up to 100 students with learning disabilities within Hospitality & Catering, Hotel & Tourism, Horticulture, Animal Care, Retail, IT, Employability, Prep for Work and Independent Living Skills.
We have a fantastic new opening for a HR Assistant who will report into the HR Advisor. This role offers excellent exposure for those who are wanting to develop their career within Human Resources and People Management.
Purpose of the Role
To provide administrative support to the HR function, maintaining accurate HR records, co-ordinating employee related activities, HR reports, basic HR queries and assisting the HR Advisor with the smooth running of the department.
Main Area of responsibility:
HR Administration, Analytics and HRIS Maintenance
To be the primary contact for all HR administration matters including but not limited to:-
- Support and assist in HR matters throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Assist with Amendment letters.
- Confirming resignations
- Ensure that HR records, both physical and electronic, are kept up to date, accurate and securely stored at all times.
- Ensuring all employee information is updated on systems and databases.
- Provide monthly sickness and retention stats highlighting any issues where necessary.
- Handling HR related paperwork and documentation
- Assisting with payroll administration – inputting all documentation onto payroll portal
- Answer employees’ queries about basic HR issues and know when to escalate as appropriate.
- Assist the HR Advisor with preparations for internal meetings and take notes where necessary.
- Creating and distributing I.D badges for staff
- Manging the online portal for eye test and glasses vouchers
- Support the delivery of staff engagement events.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Maintain the online training portal ensuring all new starters are enrolled onto the correct courses and ensure that all leavers are removed promptly.
- Ensure monthly training reports are updated and distribute to managers.
- Be responsible for the full Recruitment lifecycle – posting job adverts internally and externally on instruction
- Keep an accurate record of all applications in the relevant folders and updating applicant tracking systems.
- Arrange and liase with managers on arranging interviews and confirm with applicants.
- Ensure all candidates are informed of their application status post shortlisting.
- Ensure all necessary information is completed and stored securely on file.
- Manage on-boarding process
- Process of all pre-employment checks
- Generate of offers and contracts.
- Conducting Right to work checks.
- Conducting DBS checks
- Ensuring all new starter paperwork is complete prior to start dates.
- Updating of information on-boarding tracker
- Liaising with managers regarding potential start dates
- Liaising with external I.T provider in ensuring I.T set up for new starters.
- Arrange and coordinate induction for new starters.
Closing Date – 24th November 2023
Please click on the link below to view the full job description